At the end of 2021, the United States passed a historic $1 trillion infrastructure bill that guarantees $65 billion in funding to improve broadband access for rural areas, low-income families, and tribal communities.
FiberLight, LLC, a fiber infrastructure provider with more than 20 years of experience building and operating mission-critical, high-bandwidth networks, has a proven track record in connecting underserved communities and delivering fiber indiscriminately across their network to ignite digital transformation, and is uniquely positioned to help local municipalities access this funding.
Led by a team of seasoned professionals, FiberLight’s Public Sector division specializes in connecting municipalities, school districts, healthcare clinics, hospitals, and government entities with the resources needed to build out dark fiber networks and deliver broadband access. “We are passionate about raising awareness, forging partnerships, and helping our communities connect with next-generation technology,” said Chris Rabii, CEO of FiberLight.
While FiberLight’s Public Sector team was hard at work bridging the digital divide, the company continued to build upon its solid foundation, expanding and improving its network across Texas, Virginia, Maryland, Florida, Georgia, and DC markets.
FiberLight celebrated significant milestones in 2021, including:
- A partnership with Encompass North America in Katy, Texas to bring its high bandwidth connectivity to previously underserved areas in southern Texas. FiberLight was responsible for connecting one data center and three towers so that residents in Fulshear, Wallis and Simonton, TX can receive high-speed internet access through Encompass North America.
- A network expansion of over 980+ route miles of fiber enabling increased speed, diversity, and exceptional bandwidth. With over 90% of their fiber buried 3.5’ underground, FiberLight continues to provide increased security and reliability as their network grows.
- Addition of 18 new data centers, core PoPs, and carrier hotels which provide connectivity where customers want to be. Dense data center connections empower customers to maximize network performance and achieve business goals faster.
- 452 new buildings became active and onnet in 2021, adding to FiberLight’s ever-growing network of fiber-connected facilities.
- Upgrading their 100G Texas Express Network between Dallas, Houston, and Austin providing a fully-protected, multi-terabit system between the three cities. This enhancement facilitates inherent core protection and routability enabling data traffic to automatically deliver via the fastest route.
2021 Expansion Milestones
“We are very optimistic headed into the new year,” said Will Sears, Chief Revenue Officer of FiberLight. “We have invested in a high-capacity, diverse, dense network that delivers secure and reliable connectivity. Our expansive reach into remote areas, combined with our expertise, positions us for continued growth in the year ahead.”